HIMSS Southern California Chapter
Welcome to the award-winning Southern California Chapter of HIMSS!
Welcome from the President
The HIMSS SoCal Chapter is looking forward to an exciting year of events after kicking off with our 8th Annual Golf tournament. We expect to resume our in-person events and attendance using the lessons from the past year, providing a virtual presence to extend the reach of our sessions throughout Southern California and to other chapters associated with our National HIMSS affiliates. We have a dynamic Chapter Board for the 2021-2022 year. Please allow me to introduce to them all:
Executive Board Members
- Christian Aboujaoude - Vice President, Programs
- Midori Kondo, PharmD - Vice President, Finance & President-Elect
- Geri Pavia - Immediate Past President
- Shivani Sharma - Vice President, Administration
- Ian Slade - Vice President, Advocacy
- Regina Atim, PharmD, MBA, BCMAS – Chair, Academic Alliance Committee
- Don Boatright – Chair, Sponsorship Committee
- C'Mone Byrd – Chair, Marketing & Communications Committee
- Carrie Murray - Co-Chair, Programs
- Paul Butler - Podcast Chair
- Ernesto Santana – Chair, Membership Committee
- Alan S. Young, MD, MBA, PMP – Chair, CMIO Committee
My message for this year is to "Focus on lifting our membership through activities and events that support their growth and career potential."
I first volunteered with the HIMSS National organization in 2009 to learn more about the profession of health IT. The HIMSS organization exposed me to a career in health IT and the possibilities of interacting with my peers. The more I learned about the professional aspect of my job, the more I wanted to invest in myself. So I am working with our Chapter leaders on a strategy that aligns with this vision. We will work on producing activities and events that focus on these three themes:
- Career Tracks with Professional Advisors
- Advisory Board for Innovation
- Roadmap for Succession Planning
We want to hear from you, the members, on topics and activities to engage you to participate in our local HIMSS chapter. So join us by participating this year, learning something new about health information technology, and investing in yourself! We will accomplish this by creating activities for members and individuals, such as students, to hear from professionals working in roles that you want to hear and learn about.
President, HIMSS Southern California Chapter