Download Slide Presentations Below
Our program focused on Sustaining Your Competitive Advantage – we heard what different healthcare organizations are doing to continue to thrive in these critical areas:
- The market’s rapidly-changing reimbursement and delivery models
- Process optimization in a post-EMR world
- Improved clinical productivity
- Coping with the pace of change
- Lower cost of IT services
We have speakers from large, statewide delivery networks, community hospitals, and regional healthcare systems all focusing on specific growth strategies and creating platforms for innovative growth.
Attendees will gain insights into similar as well as differing approaches to address these issues as they face competitive threats, the advent of population health, assuming more risk in care delivery, and an environment with lower reimbursement.
Our confirmed program includes:
- Keynote Organization: Scripps Health
- Learn about their integration challenges and how they plan to incorporate innovative technologies into their ongoing operations
- Clark Kegley, IT Leadership at Scripps
- Dr. Steven Steinhubl (part of Dr. Topol’s Innovation organization at Scripps)
- Community Hospital: Valley Presbyterian
- Learn about a community hospital’s efforts to build upon its MEDITECH EMR and the challenges it is addressing in the market
- Jeff Allport, CIO
- UC Health
- Learn how UC Health is moving toward a shared IT delivery model that provides improved costs and extended EMR delivery capabilities that enable growth beyond their immediate markets
- Michael Pfeffer, MD, CIO, UCLA Health
- Chuck Podesta, CIO, UC Irvine Health
- Tom Andriola, CIO, University of California
This is an all-day event, with plenty of time for networking and meeting with vendor sponsors. As in years past, in addition to hearing from each component of the program, we will have a panel at the end of the day with the opportunity for speaker questions and answers. And of course, prize raffles throughout the day.
Come learn, network, and bring back new and invaluable information to your own organization. Bring a peer and key team members. Meet peers from other organizations.
Register early and if you are employed by a provider* organization, take advantage of our significant discount (early registration required).
This event is sponsored by SoCal HIMSS, and our event co-sponsors, the CHIEF Group and TECH. HFMA, ACHE members and students are also encouraged to attend as well. This event is highly relevant to senior leaders and physicians that want to learn about the challenges being faced by the noted organizations and how each is approaching their challenges.
We hope to see you there - remember, this event sells out each year and registration typically closes before the day of the event.
SoCal HIMSS Board and CIO Program Planning Committee
* A Provider is a hospital, health system or physician practice and the registrant must be an employee or a member of the medical staff.
Co-sponsored by the CHIEF Group and TECH