Q1 2019 Newsletter - Message from the President
Welcome to another newsletter on the exciting updates in your Chapter! Here are some highlights
- HIMSS SoCal was well represented at the AIMed North America conference in Dana Point, CA, and made great connections with this innovative community. HIMSS SoCal Chapter President, Bella Zaghi, presented and spoke on a panel on HIMSS/SoCal HIMSS’ work and partnership in the growth of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine.
- We hosted over 30 Health IT executives for socializing and holiday relaxing at the December Holiday Social Mixer in Hermosa Beach.
- The January Mixer brought together a vibrant crowd at the Main Street Wine Company in Huntington Beach
- Over 100 attendees dropped by our Sold Out Chapter Reception at the Global HIMSS19 Conference in Orlando. It was a wonderful time of networking, socializing, and catching up in the midst of all the educational sessions and events in the Global Conference.
- The Academic Alliance Community gave several outreach presentations to engage and educate the future generation of Health IT leaders. The AAC Chair, Thao Tran’s, presentation to CSULB’s Healthcare Administration department was so well received that she has been invited to come back again in the coming months to share Health IT developments with the students and faculty.
We are looking forward to seeing you at one or all of our upcoming events including our monthly social mixers and the 2019 Annual Health IT Conference in May.
It is my pleasure to serve you and the chapter.
HIMSS Southern California Chapter