Spring 2015HIMSS National Honors 2014 Award and Scholarship Recipients
Southern California Awarded Best Large Chapter and SoCal Chapter President Jim Brady Selected for Distinguished Fellows Service Award
by Dianne Baker, Board Member and Marketing and Communications Chairperson
It was an exciting evening in Chicago as the HIMSS15 Awards Gala was kicked off at the Chicago Hilton Grand. Each year at our National meeting, our HIMSS National recognizes outstanding contributions to HIMSS and the healthcare industry.
Our SoCal Chapter President, James Brady, was very pleased to accept the award for HIMSS Large Chapter of the Year. This is the fourth National recognition our Southern California Chapter has received. This award follows previous awards in 2008, and 2011, and is back to back with our recognition last year in 2013. The Chapter of the Year Award is given for sustained contributions to the health IT community in the chapter's geographic area. Examples of criteria for selection for a Chapter of the Year Award include:
- Co-hosted events, speakers, partnerships, or collaborations with other professional societies or HIT entities
- Academic outreach, scholarships, Student Liaison participation, or other activities with Emerging Professionals
- State Advocacy or Public Policy Days, elected officials participating in events, Chapter Advocate Liaison participation, or additional advocacy efforts
- Chapter communications including social media presence and e-newsletters
- Sponsorship programs, membership campaigns, active committees in specific content areas, as well as involvement at the Annual Conference and participation in Chapter Leader Trainings
- We are also evaluated for other innovative Chapter Initiatives we have promoted throughout the year.
L-R, Sam King, Ian Slade, Despina Hopkins, Steve Edison, Jim Brady, Sri Bharadwaj, Dianne Baker, Angela Rivera, Tim Jones
Additionally, we are pleased to share that our Chapter President, James Brady, was also recognized for his dedicated service to our industry and the HIMSS organization and accepted the award for the Distinguished Fellows Service Award. This is presented to a Fellow HIMSS member who, in the judgment of the HIMSS Fellows, has made significant, commendable and long-standing contributions to the Society. Jim has been engaged with numerous contributions, including speaking at key conferences, professional publications and promoting and providing professional education to our members and leaders. The News Release is available in the HIMSS Press Room here.