Spring 20162015-16 Annual Member Survey Results Summary
by Len Rosenthal, Marketing & Communications Committee Member
We’re excited to let you know the results of our latest member survey, conducted in 4Q 2015. A total of 107 people responded – thanks for your participation!
Events – Sixty three percent (n=67) attended a HIMSS So Cal event; this is up from fifty four percent last year. The top events were the HIT Conference (54%); Clinical Informatics Summit (34%); CIO Forum (30%); and Privacy & Security Forum (15%).
The largest number of members wants to attend events quarterly (50%), followed by twice a year (32%) or monthly (12%).
Types of event preferred were full day conference (60%), half day conference (59%), webinar (54%) and social mixer/networking (43%).
Newsletter – Seventy six percent (n=81) read the quarterly newsletter. Respondents ranked the top three most useful sections as monthly feature article on industry trends (80%), upcoming events (74%), and message from the President (36%).
Website – Seventy two percent (n=77) visit the HIMSS SoCal website. The most useful sections of the website are ranked as: Calendar of Events (73%), Education (36%), Newsletters & Presentations (34% each), and What’s New at HIMSS (30%).
Social Media – The preferred social media channels are LinkedIn (88%), Facebook (65%), Instagram (34%), and Twitter (32%).
- Clinical Informatics (47%)
- Interoperability (43%)
- Electronic/Personal Health Records (41%)
- Data Analytics/Business Intelligence (40%)
- Care Coordination/Patient Safety/Workflow (31%)
- Population Health/Management (31%)
- Health Information Exchange (30%)
- Strategic IT Planning (28%)
- ACA/Meaningful Use/Regulatory (26%)
- Patient Engagement/Portals/ Social Media (26%)
Who responded – top respondents by professional role:
- Clinical Informaticist (28%)
- Consulting (22%)
- Director/Manager (20%)
- Nursing (14%)
- C-Suite/Senior Leadership (13%)
Where they are – top respondents by practice/work setting:
- Health Care Organization with Multiple Hospitals and Clinics (31%)
- Hospital/Acute Care (29%)
- Vendor/Consultant (21%)
- Outpatient/Ambulatory (9%)
- Clinic (6%)
Again, thanks to everyone who responded and a special thanks to the survey team!