Spring 2017 Newsletter ♦ Southern California Awarded Best Large Chapter at HIMSS17 Award Gala
by Dianne Baker, Board Member and Marketing and Communications Chairperson
It was an exciting evening in Orlando as the HIMSS17 Awards Gala was kicked off at the Lowes Portofino Hotel. Each year at our National meeting, our HIMSS National recognizes outstanding contributions to HIMSS and the healthcare industry.
Our HIMSS SoCal Chapter President, Tim Jones, was very pleased to accept the award for HIMSS Large Chapter of the Year. This is the sixth National recognition our Southern California Chapter has received. This award follows previous awards in 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010 and 2008. The Chapter of the Year Award is given for sustained contributions to the health IT community in the Chapter's geographic area. Examples of criteria for selection for a Chapter of the Year Award include:
- Co-hosted events, speakers, partnerships, or collaborations with other professional societies or HIT entities
- Academic outreach, scholarships, Student Liaison participation, or other activities with Emerging Professionals
- State Advocacy or Public Policy Days, elected officials participating in events, Chapter Advocate Liaison participation, or additional advocacy efforts
- Chapter communications including social media presence and e-newsletters
- Sponsorship programs, membership campaigns, active committees in specific content areas, as well as involvement at the Annual Conference and participation in Chapter Leader Trainings
- We are also evaluated for other innovative Chapter Initiatives we have promoted throughout the year.
Our sincerest thank you and congratulations to our incredible team of Board and committee members and countless volunteers that give their time and dedication to help achieve us this great recognition!